|PRAISE THE LORD, I DID IT! After 6 months of development I finally got my first App, “Time Off”, submitted to Apple and APPROVED! It all happened last week. I’ve been a bit quiet on the blog, and on Twitter these days, but that’s because I’ve been busy! Busy fine-tuning my app, busy setting up iTunesConnect, busy learning how to prepare an Xcode project for submission.
I submitted my app last Tuesday night. It was such a great feeling to finally see the words “Waiting for Review”. No matter what happens now, at least I’ve taken that first big step and handed my work over to the critical eye of the app reviewers. I was planning for the review process to take a week or two, so imagine my joy and surprise when I got an email on Friday afternoon that the app was now “In Review”. Ahhh! That means a real person at Apple is putting my work under a microscope right now! Holding my breath, not knowing how long this could take… But then, within a few short hours I got yet another email that said “Your Application is Ready for Sale”.
So my app had only been submitted for 3 days, and only in review for about 6 hours before being accepted! That was WAY quicker than I expected!
Oh man, I can’t tell you how excited I was. I couldn’t help running around the house shouting. It was such a great feeling, like a burden had been lifted. Since it was almost dinner time I took my wonderful wife and son out to dinner to celebrate. My wife Bekah has been a huge encouragement to me through the process, and I can’t thank her enough.
I was so happy that the process went smoothly. But I have to say that a lot of things in iTunesConnect are not obvious. I had to do a lot of prep work to figure out what I needed before officially submitting. I was also afraid of the website timing out in the middle of the process. Seemed a bit short, so I recommend you get all your stuff together first before adding your app. It will make things a little less stressful.
So what now? Well, the app still isn’t for sale yet. I plan to do some more testing and prepare some marketing. I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me still, but I hope to do the product launch in about 2-3 weeks. Sometime in early February. If anyone would like to test an ad-hoc version then just let me know!
Thanks to everyone for everything! I’ll keep you posted as the release draws closer.
My name is Scotty Ruth, I am a Jesus-follower, family-man, UI designer and iOS developer based in Grand Rapids, MI.
I started making iOS apps in 2010 and have chronicled many of the highs and lows of my experiences here in this blog.
Call Me on Clarity
Search All Posts
Last 50 Posts
- Show #030 – App Icon Design – Gedeon Maheux from The Iconfactory
- Show #029 – Alex Argo – Making a Living on Card Games
- Show #028 – Dustin Bruzenak at AppViz
- Show #027 – Finding Your Audience, Building a Landing Page, and Designing Screenshots
- Show #026 – Stephen Johnson – Part 2 – Topo Maps +
- Show #025 – Stephen Johnson – Part 1 – Olive Tree Bible Software
- Show #024 – Ben Jarris at AppInTheBox
- Show #023 – Being Myself
- Show #022 – Thanksgiving Special
- Show #021 – Leon Yeh – Enterprise Apps
- Show #020 – Quotely Pricing Update
- Show #019 – App Store Pricing
- Show #018 – Atomic Robot
- Show #017 – Mobile Design Tools
- Show #016 – Photo Editing with Aviary
- Show #015 – Dave Klein – The Joys of CocoaConf
- Show #014 – Grab Bag Show – Clarity, App Annie and More
- Show #013 – Xavier Veyrat – Cooking Up Apps with AppCooker
- Show #012 – Jonathan Penn – UI Automation Jedi Master
- Show #011 – Quotely… The Secret is Out
- Show #010 – Dan Rhon – Turning Your Passion Into an App Business
- Show #009 – Ben Lambert – A Designer Dives into Cocos2D
- Show #008 – Keeping Your App Idea a Secret
- Show #007 – Steve Young – Focus, Schedule, Discipline, Coffee…Repeat
- Show #006 – Shawn Platkus – Rocking Apple Software Since 5th Grade
- Show #005 – Matt Braun – Making an iPad App for the Apple TV
- Show #004 – John Wilker – Behind the Scenes of the 360iDev Conference
- Show #003 – Johnny Quach – App Entrepreneurship Lessons Learned
- Show #002 – Doug Sjoquist – 15 Years of Indy Consulting and Still Lovin’ It
- Show #001 – Noel Chenier – Adventures of a Newb App Developer
- Show #0.1 – Introducing the My Appventure Podcast!
- Live Attendance App
- Mobile OMT Apps
- Speaking at Detroit Mobile City iOS Conference
- Top 5 iOS Podcasts
- Introducing: Quotely!
- Surviving the Flames of Burnout
- A Failure Is Not a Waste
- iTunes Gift Card GIVEAWAY!
- My Pragmatic Studio Testimonial
- My Latest Game: Catch a Match
- BraveBit T-Shirt
- My Big Monitor Adventure
- Going Indie: BraveBit App Studio!
- CocoaConf == Awesome
- Top 100 Paid Business App!
- Time Off is Finally For Sale!
- A Little Game I’m Working On
- More Great Resources