Man, I feel like I’m neglecting the blog a bit, but I’m seriously busy coding! Sheesh, it’s a lot of work. Thankfully I feel like I know what I’m doing these days, and it’s more a matter of finding the TIME to do this stuff, rather than figuring out HOW to do it.
I’ve wanted to do a video update for the longest time, but I keep putting it off until I finish the next part…then the next part…then the next part. So I just decided to take a few screen shots instead for now.
PLEASE NOTE, these are NOT photoshop mockups, they are the real deal! LIVE, working, coded app goodness! The app has come a LONG way. You’ll notice that the design has changed…again. I’ve decided to go for more of a “casual” feel. Also, this app is feeling really good. The flow feels quick and natural. The screenshots don’t do it justice.
Please enjoy and let me hear your feedback. Thanks!!
My name is Scotty Ruth, I am a Jesus-follower, family-man, UI designer and iOS developer based in Grand Rapids, MI.
I started making iOS apps in 2010 and have chronicled many of the highs and lows of my experiences here in this blog.
In 2011 I started BraveBit App Studio, doing independent app development and consulting.
Call Me on Clarity
Search All Posts
Last 50 Posts
- Show #022 – Thanksgiving Special
- Show #021 – Leon Yeh – Enterprise Apps
- Show #020 – Quotely Pricing Update
- Show #019 – App Store Pricing
- Show #018 – Atomic Robot
- Show #017 – Mobile Design Tools
- Show #016 – Photo Editing with Aviary
- Show #015 – Dave Klein – The Joys of CocoaConf
- Show #014 – Grab Bag Show – Clarity, App Annie and More
- Show #013 – Xavier Veyrat – Cooking Up Apps with AppCooker
- Show #012 – Jonathan Penn – UI Automation Jedi Master
- Show #011 – Quotely… The Secret is Out
- Show #010 – Dan Rhon – Turning Your Passion Into an App Business
- Show #009 – Ben Lambert – A Designer Dives into Cocos2D
- Show #008 – Keeping Your App Idea a Secret
- Show #007 – Steve Young – Focus, Schedule, Discipline, Coffee…Repeat
- Show #006 – Shawn Platkus – Rocking Apple Software Since 5th Grade
- Show #005 – Matt Braun – Making an iPad App for the Apple TV
- Show #004 – John Wilker – Behind the Scenes of the 360iDev Conference
- Show #003 – Johnny Quach – App Entrepreneurship Lessons Learned
- Show #002 – Doug Sjoquist – 15 Years of Indy Consulting and Still Lovin’ It
- Show #001 – Noel Chenier – Adventures of a Newb App Developer
- Show #0.1 – Introducing the My Appventure Podcast!
- Live Attendance App
- Mobile OMT Apps
- Speaking at Detroit Mobile City iOS Conference
- Top 5 iOS Podcasts
- Introducing: Quotely!
- Surviving the Flames of Burnout
- A Failure Is Not a Waste
- iTunes Gift Card GIVEAWAY!
- My Pragmatic Studio Testimonial
- My Latest Game: Catch a Match
- BraveBit T-Shirt
- My Big Monitor Adventure
- Going Indie: BraveBit App Studio!
- CocoaConf == Awesome
- Top 100 Paid Business App!
- Time Off is Finally For Sale!
- A Little Game I’m Working On
- More Great Resources
- Facebook Integration with iOS Apps
- 1 Year Anniversary!
- My Second App – Mommy’s Milk
- Miscellaneous Stuff – Part 2
- Miscellaneous Stuff
- Where Have I Been?!
- App Surgery Going Well
- Why My App Is Still Not For Sale